CRIMINAL CASES REGISTERED AGAINST
AHMADIYYA PERIODICALS AND THE DAILY ALFAZL
(For further details refer to ‘Restrictions on Press and Publications’ in ‘Categories of Persecution’)
The Ahmadiyya Community in Pakistan publishes a daily paper namely Al-Fazl, and five magazines; the monthly ‘Misbah’ which is a publication for Ahmadis ladies organization; the monthly ‘Ansarullah’ which is a publication of the organization for Ahmadi men above 40 years of age; the monthly ‘Khalid’, a publication of Ahmadi Youth Organization, the monthly ‘Tashheezul Azhan’ which is a children’s magazine; and the monthly` Tahrik-i-Jadid’ which is a magazine of Tahrik-i-Jaid, a central body of Ahmadiyya Community that looks after Ahmadi Communities outside Pakistan. Not only that the government authorities proscribed many issues of these publications but also they have implicated the editors, printers and publishers of all the Ahmadiyya periodicals under anti-Ahmadiyya Law, i.e. PPC 298-B/C. This is a continuous process. Here is a summery of such cases against the Ahmadiyya Press:
|No||Description of the cases||Number of cases|
|1||Number of cases instituted against the Daily Alfazl under instructions from government authorities||27|
|2||Number of cases instituted against the Daily Alfazl by the opponents||15|
|3||Number of cases against the Monthly Ansarulla by the authorities||12|
|4||Number of cases against the Monthly Ansarulla by the opponents||8|
|5||Number of cases against the Monthly Misbah by the authorities||7|
|6||Number of cases against the Monthly Misbah by the opponents||1|
|7||Number of cases against the Monthly Khalid by the authorities||10|
|8||Number of cases against the Monthly Khalid by the opponents||1|
|9||Number of cases against the Monthly Tashheez by the authorities||5|
|10||Number of cases against the Monthly Tashheez by the opponents||5|
- Former editor of the daily ‘Al-Fazl’ Nasim Saifi (since deceased) faced charges in 40 different cases.
- The printer of various Ahmadiyya periodicals, Qazi Munir Ahmad faces charges in 92 cases.
- The publisher of the daily ‘Al-Fazl’ Agha Saifullah faces charges in 26 cases.
- Former editor of the monthly ‘Ansarullah’, Mr. M.D. Naz faces charges in 18 cases.
- Publishers of the monthly ‘Ansarullah’ face charges in 17 cases.
- Number of various issues of Ahmadiyya periodicals proscribed by the authorities – 402
- The authorities issued orders in 2012 to ban Ahmadi women’s monthly Misbah and initiated similar action against the daily Al-Fazl. These orders were later stayed by the court.
- In May 2015, the authorities in Punjab banned the daily Al-Fazl, the monthlies Khalid, Ansarullah and Tehrik Jadid; however these orders were stayed by the Lahore High Court.
- Tahir Mahdi Imtiaz, printer of the monthly Ansarullah is in prison for the last five months. His bail has been refused by LHC.
August 31, 2015