Plight of Rabwah
A plea to authorities
Rabwah; January 5, 2014: Rabwah population comprises 95% Ahmadis. Unlike any other community, anywhere in Pakistan, Ahmadis are not allowed to hold a rally etc. even in their own city. However, non-Ahmadis are routinely permitted a number of times every year to come to Rabwah and hold open rallies here. One such occasion is the birthday celebration of the Holy Prophet, peace be on him. The Ahmadiyya central office wrote the following to the concerned authorities (extracts):
“… It is evident from the past practice that at these rallies, instead of talking about the exemplary conduct of the Holy Prophet, peace be on him, the speakers hurl abuse and slander against Jamaat Ahmadiyya and indulge in highly provocative rhetoric.
“… Since long, opponents of Jamaat Ahmadiyya indulge in hostile activities on the blessed birthday (12 Rabi-ul-Awwal) of the Holy Prophet. It is certain that the same will be done this year. Political and religious tensions are high in the country. Law and order situation is also not satisfactory. Even minor provocation can worsen the situation.
“… In these circumstances, you are requested to take appropriate preventive measures. Prior to granting permission to hold such rallies, it should be ensured that unlawful and uncivilized behavior will be shunned. Also, in addition to taking the security measures, it is indispensible to record the proceedings of all such rallies.
Saleem Ud Din
Nazir Amur Aama, Rabwah (Chenab Nagar) District Chiniot”
P.S. The rallies were permitted nevertheless, and the speakers held no bars in anti-Ahmadi rhetoric.
Construction of a community building stopped
Darul Nasr, Rabwah; January 2014: Mulla Ghulam Mustafa, an opponent of the Ahmadiyya community in Rabwah, wrote to the local police that Ahmadis were building a place of worship in Darul Nasr. An Assistant Sub Inspector from the police post visited the site. He met Mr. Abdul Malik, the president of the local Ahmadiyya community. The ASI was told that Ahmadis were not building a place of worship but a community hall and a guest house. The site plan approved by the town council was shown to him. However, the ASI told Ahmadis to stop the construction. He sealed the place till further orders.
Ahmadis talked to the administration and resumed the construction after a few days. The construction work was in progress when the police arrived again and stopped the work and took away the construction material with them.
The police acted in response to a mulla’s demand. Pak authorities insist on not learning from experience.
Hateful anti-Ahmadi rallies and conference in Rabwah
Rabwah; January 14, 2014: Anti-Ahmadi mullas have made it a practice to assemble periodically in Rabwah and hold rallies to hurt the sentiments of Ahmadis and incite their audience against them. They come from far and wide and hold conferences and take out processions in Rabwah three or four times every year to vent their rancour and show their strength. They pose a serious threat to the law and order of this town. Ahmadis feel threatened on these occasions; shops remain closed, women stay at home and children do not go to school. Well before these rallies the Ahmadiyya leadership requests the authorities to stop these provocative events but authorities accord permission and provide administrative support nevertheless.
This happened again on January 14, 2014 at the occasion of the birthday of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). Mullas transported their audience to Rabwah and took out three processions which passed through the main streets of the town.
The first procession was taken out from Masjid Bukhari in Muhalla Darul Fazl. It reached the Aqsa Square via the Bus Stop. Two trolleys loaded with madrassa students had come from Chiniot to participate in it. At the square they sang poems and made speeches. On their way back to the Bus Stop they halted in front of Aiwan-e-Mahmood (the central office of Ahmadiyya youth in Pakistan) and then at the Gole Bazaar corner. Mulla Masood of Chiniot and Mulla Ghulam Mustafa spoke filth against the founder of the Ahmadiyya community and its elders. The procession ended at the Bus Stop at 12:30 p.m. The participants comprised mostly madrassa students.
The second procession was taken out at 10:00 a.m. from Khichian, a suburb of Rabwah. It was led by the son of Maulvi Mushtaq.
The third and the largest procession was taken out from KotWasawa after a conference attended by a crowd of 1500 – 2000. It was jointly organized by Majlis Ahrare Islam Pakistan and Tehrik Khatme Nabuwwat. It was held in Masjid Ahrar, KotWasawa and was presided by the head of the Ahrar, Syed Ataul Muhaiman Bukhari. As usual the speakers indulged in abuse against the Ahmadiyya community and incited the audience against Ahmadis. The conference was reported in the vernacular press, based on the press release provided by the organisers. A few details from the daily Ausaf and the daily Express of January 16, 2014 are provided below.
Qadianis are enemies of the country and the nation; sectarianism and terrorism has no link with Islam: Khatme Nabuwwat Conference
The daily Ausaf; Lahore, January 16, 2014
The nation should unite to unveil the conspiracies of Qadianis and deniers of the Khatme Nabuwwat.
Qadianis are involved in the murder of Ulama and terrorism; they promote sectarianism and are enemies of Islam and Pakistan.
The daily Express; Faisalabad, January 16, 2014
Some statements of the mullas are translated below from the above-mentioned newspapers:
- The only cure for the mischief of Qadiani apostasy is the same that the first caliph of Islam, Abu Bakr applied (killed them, as per mullas’ version). The government should do a clean-up operation in Rabwah: Syed Ataul Muhaiman Bukhari
- Conspiracies against the Muslim world are planned jointly in Israel and in Rabwah. There are illegal depots of ammunition in Rabwah: Abdul Latif Khalid Cheema
- The Qadiani conspiracies are behind the murders of the respected Ulama and the terrorism. These are not effectively foiled. Satan is ruling over us in the name of democracy. Ahrar has dug a bunker in the Qadiani centre to safeguard the Khatme Nabuwwat: Maulana Abdul Rauf Farooqi
- Training camps of terrorism are functional in Rabwah; it is the duty of the government to uproot them: Qari Shabbir Usmani
- The youth are working hard to protect the faith of Muslim students in educational institutions, while some others are trying to establish nurseries of infidelity there: Muhammad QasimCheema, Talha Shabbir, Ghulam Mustafa – leaders of TehrikeTalaba Islam (apparently the student wing of Ahrare Islam)
Other speakers who spoke at the conference were: Syed Ziaullah Shah Bukhari, Prof. Khalid Shabbir Ahmad, Mufti Muhammad Hassan, Maulana Hamaadur Rahman Ludhianwi, Hafiz Muhammad AbidMasood, Mufti Zahid etc. Anti-Ahmadiyya slogans were raised at full throat.
A membership desk was set up outside the venue and manned by TehrikeTalaba Islam. Fresh members were registered there, mostly the participating madrassa students. Another camp for ‘Fehme Khatme Nabuwwat Course’ was set up by the activists of the workers of the Khatme Nabuwwat Talagang who registered volunteers for the course. In the past there were official reports that volunteers for terror strikes were sought and recruited in such Khatme Nabuwwat courses.
At the end, the participants formed a large procession. It was taken out at 3 p.m. En-route it halted in front of Aiwan-e-Mahmood. There the mullas Abdul Latif Khalid Cheema, Syed Kafil Bukhari, Muhammad Mugira, Ilyas Chinioti (MPA of PML-N) and Ataul Muhaiman Bukhari indulged in slander against the Ahmadiyya community and its founder. They invited the residents of the Rabwah to embrace Islam. Mulla Ilyas Chinioti, referring to Ordinance XX, demanded removal of minarets, niches and Kalima from the Ahmadiyya mosques in Rabwah. He also demanded a ban on the Ahmadiyya daily, Alfazl. Prior to dispersal of the procession Mulla Muhammad Mugira thanked the administration for their cooperation. Buses, wagons, cars and rickshaws formed part of the procession. Approximately 1800 participated in it.
Ahrar is the same group that precipitated wide-spread anti-Ahmadiyya riots in 1953, that resulted in the imposition of the first ever martial law in the country. Later a high-powered judicial commission comprising the Chief Justice and a Judge of the Lahore High Court was formed to hold in-depth inquiry into the riots. The worthy judges were very frank about the Ahrar in their findings (extract):
“The conduct of the Ahrar calls for the strongest comment and is especially reprehensible — we can use no milder word — for the reason that they debased a religious cause by pressing it into service for a temporal purpose and exploited religious susceptibilities and sentiments of the people for their personal ends. That the Ahrar were sincere in what they did can only be believed by themselves because their past history is so glaringly inconsistent that only a fool could be misled by their professions of religiousness. Khwaja Nazim-ud-Din (the Prime Minister) described them as enemies of Pakistan, and this compliment they richly deserved for their past activities.”
Report of the Court of Inquiry constituted under Punjab Act II of 1954 to enquire into the Punjab disturbances of 1953, page no 259(First edition)
It is ironic and an affront to the public acuity that at the end, a speaker at this Ahrar conference stated that those who promote sectarianism are enemies of Islam and Pakistan (The daily Express; January 16, 2014).
Authorities informed of the scheduled unwelcome Khatme Nabuwwat Conference in Rabwah
Rabwah; August 26, 2014: The Ahmadiyya head office in Rabwah wrote a letter to the concerned authorities on the subject of the Khatme Nabuwwat conference scheduled by the mullas in the Muslim Colony, Rabwah on September 7, 2014.
The letter mentioned that 95 percent of Rabwah’s population consists of Ahmadis. There is no justification for the mullas to gather outsiders in this town for a hostile conference. Such conferences in the past have resulted in mullas spewing out anti-Ahmadi abuse, slander and provocation. It is with some difficulty that the charged participants are restrained from seriously disturbing the law and order in the town. The current political situation in the country is highly forbidding to hold such a conference in Rabwah.
The participants normally emerge from the conference premises to enter the town, come to the bazaar in groups, pass provocative remarks on women and threaten the security of Ahmadi mosques. Ahmadis have to adopt special measures to defend their persons and properties against these unwelcome visitors.
The letter referred to the barbaric violence in Gujranwala, and pointed to the potential threat to peace posed by such aggressive rallies.
“With this background, if any unpleasant incident happens because of this conference, the responsibility will rest entirely with the authorities and organisers of this conference,” asserted the letter.
In conclusion, the letter urged the authorities to take suitable measures in this sensitive situation, through deliberate and priority pro-action. The conference should be disallowed.
In addition: The daily Pakistan reported on 20 August, 2014 that the End of Prophethood Movement has declared 10-day vigil to celebrate the anniversary of official declaration of imposition of non-Muslim status on Ahmadis. “Classes and rallies will be held all over the country and in other countries like Saudi Arabia, London, Kuwait, Dubai, South Africa and locally in all the important cities like Faisalabad, Jhang, Sargodha, Khushab, Mianwali, Multan, Bhakkar, Islamabad, Peshawar, Samundri, Jaranwala, Sialkot, Gojra, JalalpurPeerwala, Kasur, MandiBahauddin, KPK, D. I. Khan, Khanpur, Bahawalpur, Lodhran, Balochistan, Sindh and other cities. There will be congregations, seminars and conferences. … Maulana Abdul Hafeez Makki (of Saudi Arabia) will participate and address the conference on 7th September (in Rabwah).”
The vernacular press quoted mulla Ilyas Chinioti (a PML-N MPA) as: “This Conference will shake up the foyers of Kufr(Unislam).”Rab Nawaz, a rabid mulla who is a lawyer too, stated, “We shall continue our campaign till the end of Qadiani impact.” Mulla Shabbir Usmani was more explicit: “This conference in Chenab Nagar will prove to be the last nail in the coffin of Qadianiat.” (The daily Dunya, Faisalabad; August 29, 2014)
Anti-Ahmadiyya conference in Rabwah
Rabwah; September 7, 2014: Mullas routinely gather every year in the Ahmadiyya headquarters, Rabwah to hold highly provocative and spiteful conference. Ahmadis request the authorities every time to forbid this conference as it disturbs the civic life of the town whose 95% population is Ahmadi. Almost the entire audience is transported from other cities to Rabwah.
The conference was held in Jamia Usmania Khatme Nabuwwat, Muslim Colony under the supervision of Qari Shabbir Ahmad Usmani of the National Khatme Nabuwwat Movement. It started at about 10 a.m. and lasted until late night. Three sessions were held. The third and the last session started at 8:45 p.m. and lasted until 3 a.m. Maulvi Ahmad Ali Siraj of Kuwait presided over it. Other mullas who spoke in this session were Abdul Rauf Qasmi of Kabirwala, Hafiz Gulzar Ahmad of Gujranwala, Abdul JawwadQasmi of Sheikhupura, Abdul Waris of Chiniot, Muhammad Ilyas Chinioti (MPA of PML-N), Tahir Abdul Razzaq of Lahore and Sheikh Muhammad Amjad. They hurled abuse against the holy founder of the Ahmadiyya community and criticised other elders. They called September 7, an historic day when ‘Qadianis’ were declared non-Muslim.
Mulla Tahir Mahmood Ashrafi (head of Pakistan Ulama Council) also addressed the conference. His faction enjoys official support. He criticised Dr. Tahir ul Qadri for his protest sit-in at Islamabad, and demanded imposition of Sharia law in the country. He invited ‘Qadianis’ to accept Islam.
Mulla Shabbir Usmani criticised the District Coordination Officer Chiniot for his orders forbidding some mullas to enter the district to incite sectarianism.
Ahmadis felt concerned and threatened and had to remain alert all day. Educational institutes remained closed in Rabwah. Women had to stay at home. Markets remained shut and civic life of the entire city was affected due to the presence of unwelcome guests.
A rabid Anti-Ahmadiyya conference in Rabwah
Rabwah; 23, 24 October 2014: Mullas have made it a routine to gather at least three times in a year in Rabwah and insult Ahmadi citizens of this town, who are 95% of the local population. Every year Ahmadiyya headquarters request the authorities to disallow such conferences but authorities do not bother to even acknowledge the receipt of these applications. On the other hand Ahmadis are not allowed to hold any conference, annual events or sports festivals in their headquarters town. This year Ahmadis again requested the authorities to disallow this conference but they permitted and facilitated the mullas to hold the same.
This two-day Khatme Nabuwwat conference in Muslim Colony Rabwah commenced on October 23 at 10:30 a.m. The first session was presided over by Maulvi Abdul MajeedLudhianvi, central president International Majlis Tahaffuze Khatme Nabuwwat Pakistan (IMTKN). Other speakers included MaulvisZubair Ahmed of Toba Tek Singh, Khalil Ahmad of Chiniot, Saifur Rehman of Lahore, Khurshid Ahmad of Hyderabad and Abdur Rauf of Sargodha.
As usual these mullas used foul language and criticised the Ahmadiyya community. One of them said, “We will never allow implementation of the scheme of abolishing the Kalima of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). If Qadianis do not stop their activities, we, the Janisaraan (those ready to sacrifice their lives) of Khatme Nabuwwat will turn Chenab Nagar (Rabwah) upside down. Qadianis are spreading terrorism in the country on behest of Jews and Christians. Qadianis’ products must be boycotted.” Apart from this, foul language was used against the holy founder of the Ahmadiyya community and slogans were raised.
Second session began at about 2:00 p.m. and continued in the afternoon. The attendance in this session was approximately 5000. It was presided over by Khawaja Aziz Ahmed, vice president International Majlis Khatme Nabuwwat. The speakers included Maulvis Ghulam Ahmad of Gujranwala, Syed Noor ul Hassan Shah of Chiniot, Muhammad Waseem of Chiniot, Muhammad Khalid of Sargodha, SahibzadaMehmood of Lahore, Hafiz Muhammad Shareef of Munchanabad, Khalil Ahmad of Sukkhur, Peer Abdul Raheem of Chakwal and Haq Nawaz Khalid.
The speakers said: Qadianis’ anti-state activities are gathering pace; we will pursue them all over the world. We demand from the Government to stop backing Qadianis. Luring and conversion of innocent Muslims to Qadianism should be stopped; otherwise the end result will not be good. Qadianis have made Chenab Nagar their state; this is a failure of our Government. Qadianis appointed on key posts should be removed from the services. Apart from this, speakers bad-mouthed against the holy founder of the Ahmadiyya community and its elders. Anti-Ahmadiyya slogans were raised at full throat.
The third session commenced at 08:30 p.m. It continued through the night until 2:30 a.m. At the end of this session, the attendance was almost 10,000. This session was presided over by Maulvi Abdul MajeedLudhianvi. Other speakers included Maulvis Qari AalimDeenShakir of Lahore, Mufti Azmatullah Shah of Bannu, Qari Abdul Rauf Chishti of Okara, Muhammad Yousuf Khan of Lahore, Abdul Hameed Baloch of Sanghar (Sindh), Atiqur Rehman of Lahore, Hafiz MubasharMehmood of Faisalabad, AbulKhair Muhammad Zubair of Multan, Shamsuddin of Lahore, Noor Muhammad Hazarvi of Sargodha, Muhammad AkramToophani of Sargodha, Syed Ziaullah Shah Bukhari of Sargodha, Abdul Hameed of Layyah and Abdul Waris of Chiniot. Many of these were forbidden by various District Magistrates to enter their districts during the month of Muharram. Ahmadis, however, remain a fair game.
Speakers said: Qadianis are a deceitful lot; they spread their falsehood all over the world through the internet. Qadiani is an accursed group. Mirza Qadiani was a false prophet; he claimed at times to be MasiheMauood, at others Mehdi Mauood. Qadianis are agents of Jews and Christians. They are fully supported by Britain, America and Israel. They are gradually strengthening their roots in other countries. If they are not smashed up today, they will overpower the Muslims.
In addition, the speakers demanded: Islamic system should be imposed in the country. Boycott all products of Mirzais. Qadianis are traitors of the Constitution and the country, hence they were declared apostates on 7th September 1974. A blasphemer and claimer of Prophethood deserves death penalty.
Mulla AkramToophani of Sargodha said, “DIG AbuzarNathoke is Qadiani who registers baseless cases against innocent Muslims. We urge the government and Chief Minister Punjab to suspend this DIG. DCO and DPO Chiniot should enforce Presidential Order of 1984 against Qadianis who should not write the Kalima and Quranic verses on their places of worship. If this is not implemented within two months, we will protest through sit-ins against the local administration.”
The fourth session started at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, 24th October 2014. It continued until 12:45 noon. The attendance in this session was approximately 6500. This session was presided over by Khawaja Aziz Ahmed, another vice president of IMTKN and the speakers included Maulvis Muhammad Qasim of Lahore, Muhammad Ismail Shujaabadi, Mufti Shujauddin of Khushaab and Naeemud Din of Lahore.
The speakers said: Mirza Qadiani was a crooked, deceitful and immoral person. Mirza Qadiani said that the words Makkah, Madina and Qadian have been mentioned in the Holy Quran, which is an absolute lie. Qadiani Jamaat and its auxiliaries are busy in genocide of Muslim Ummah and are murdering hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the interest of the West. Six hundred Qadianis in Israel Army are involved in cannibalistic genocide of innocent Muslims of Palestine. We will not allow any person to insult the Holy Prophet, behind the shield of religion.
In the conference it was also demanded that: Qadiani institutions and their sponsors be banned and Qadiani places of worship in Chenab Nagar be cleared of Israeli and foreign weaponry. Apart from this Qadiani NGOs should be banned. Qadianis are enemies of Islam and Pakistan, and Chenab Nagar should be cleared of Qadianis and their ever-increasing activities of apostasy should be stopped.
The last session started after the Friday prayers and ended at 4:00 p.m. The attendance in this session was approximately 9000. In this session JUI’s Maulvi FazlurRehman’s presence and address was scheduled but he could not make it due to the suicidal attack on his rally in Quetta the previous day. Other mullas made their speeches in the last session and as usual bad-mouthed Ahmadi leadership.
A significant presence in the conference was that of mulla Abdul Hafeez Makki (from Saudi Arabia) and mulla Ahmad Ali Siraj (from Kuwait). They play the regular link between the Khatme Nabuwwat leadership in Pakistan and the petro-dollar states in the Gulf.
The mullas availed the occasion to peddle their national and international political ware. They said the following which is translated from their own press release published in the dailies Khabrain, Lahore of October 24, 2014 and ‘Pakistan’ of October 25, 2014; inter alia:
- The acquittal of Mumtaz Qadri, the lover of the prophet, (the one who assassinated Governor Taseer) is the demand of the whole nation. No one will be allowed to blaspheme against the Holy Prophet (PBUH) in the name of human rights and freedom of religion.
- The hidden anti-Pakistan forces are trying to precipitate war between Pakistan and Afghan Taliban with the cooperation of Qadianis.
- Qadianis should be fired from the interior ministry, railways, CBR, embassies and also from the armed forces for their denial of Jihad.
- Ulama Karamare the greatest hurdle in the way of western agenda and Qadianism worldwide; it is because of the latter that the movements in support of Islam are discouraged and disliked in the whole world.
- Those who call Pakistan a secular state encourage the Qadiani point of view.
- Muslims, despite all their faults, are ready to die for the honour of Prophethood and consider it rewarding here and in the Hereafter.
- Some Qadianis and secular staff on certain TV channels are giving exposure to liberal religious scholars who use European terms and make Islamic beliefs and settled issues controversial so as to lower the esteem of the Ulama Karam, religious seminaries and Islamic traditions among the youth and the new generation.
- Qadiani places of worship in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi, Islamabad and especially Chenab Nagar should be cleared of Israeli and foreign weaponry.
- Head of the Qadiani community, Mirza Masroor is living a luxurious life at the expense of community charity. He is constructing a private palace in Germany and a luxurious guest house in Norway costing billions of rupees.
- GoharShahi was a blasphemer who was convicted. His organisation Anjuman Sarfroshane Islam and Mahdi Foundation should be banned as they are busy in their apostate activities.
The resolutions passed in this conference included the following, inter alia:
- Qadianis and their western masters remain busy in efforts to abolish some (Islamic) laws of the land. The rulers should firmly assert the sanctity of these laws so that in future no one dares challenge them.
- Courts’ decisions against blasphemers should be implemented without delay.
- Multi-million losses to the national exchequer, darkening the future of hundreds of teachers and leaving thousands of students at the mercy of Qadianis through return of the nationalised educational institutions of Chenab Nagar to Qadianis must be stopped.
- Punishment for apostasy (i.e. death) should be implemented in accordance with the recommendations of Council of Islamic Ideology.
- There is a ban on terrorist organisations in the whole country, whilst Qadianis’ armed wing Khuddam ul Ahmadiyya has been left free. Like other terrorist organizations, ‘Khuddam ul Ahmadiyya’ should be banned and their assets be frozen in favour of the state.
- Qadiani hand in the terrorism/deaths in the country may not be taken lightly. Wherever there is religious terrorism, Qadiani leadership should be questioned in the enquiry; several blind cases would thereby get traced.
- This congregation demands implementation of the great parliamentary Amendment of 1974 whereby Qadianis were declared a non-Muslim minority, and the Prohibition of Qadianism Act (of 1984) and other parliamentary and judicial decisions.
Following was part of the report released by the organisers:
- Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and General Zia-ul-Haq were respectfully mentioned by the speakers for their respective role in enforcement of the Amendment no. II and the anti-Qadiani Ordinance XX.
- Some speakers vented their views on the national (political) scene.
- The security arrangements were supervised by Abdur Rauf Roofi of Mansehra and Maulana Ghulam Farid of Dar ul Quran, Faisalabad, under superintendence of Hazrat Maulana AkramToophani (the typhoon).
Extensive security measures were adopted during the conference. The police provided full support. Anti-Ahmadi books and hateful literature were on sale in a book stall. The rally had its Information Centre, Parking, Food and Water Supply, a Traffic Plan, Free Dispensary, etc.
The 10,000 participants were provided free food. All other expenses were also on the house. This raises the question about the source of the required funds.
This conference, like such others during the year, caused great inconvenience to the local residents. For security concerns, children could not go to school, women had to stay indoors and all Ahmadiyya community buildings had to be provided special round-the-clock security.
We have mentioned above some of the statements made by the speakers in that conference, that were reported in the press or we collected from other sources. A week later, however, the publicity section of the Aalami Majlis Khatme Nabuwwat, through its functionary ‘Maulana Abdul Naeem’, had a big article written for the vernacular press, titled: Eye-witness account of 33rd Annual Khatme Nabuwwat Conference. We produce here the translation of statements made by the participant mullas and reproduced by Naeem in his article published in the daily Insaf on November 2, 2014, inter alia:
- Qadiani Jamaat and its auxiliaries are the slayers of Muslims and have butchered hundreds of thousands (lakhon) Muslims in support of interests of the West.
- There are more than 600 Qadianis in the Israeli army; they defile the Bait ul Muqaddas (the Holy City, Jerusalem) and act as cannibals (Adam khur) for innocent Palestinians.
- Ulama-e-Karam (mullas) are the major obstacle in the way of imposition of the Western agenda and the spread of Qadianism; it is for this reason that Islamic movements are targeted and censured all over the world.
- Maulana Abdul Khabir Azad, the Khatib of the Badshahi Mosque Lahore (a government servant) said, “We’ll have to improve discipline and cohesion in our ranks to confront imperialist powers.”
- Syed Ziaullah Shah Bokhari said, “Muslims are known to be the majority in Pakistan but the country’s entire system (Nizam) has become hostage in the hands of the Qadiani minority and a few percentage of other (religious) minorities.”
- Maulana RashadMadni of Tando Adam said that Qadianis educate their youth in their educational institutions to murder those who are not followers of Mirza Qadiani; they instigate their youth to kill Muslims.
- Sahibzada Mubashir Mahmood Tariq stated that deniers of the end of prophethood and blasphemers against the Prophet (Ahmadis) are a product of night clubs…. He further said “It is a sign of faith (Iman) and a call of religious ardour and honour to bear hostility and express hatred against blasphemers of the Prophet.”
- Maulana Noor Muhammad Hazarvi said, “Extremist Qadianis, rather than accepting their minority status under the constitution, are acting like ‘insurgents at war’.”
- Qadianis, through clandestine employment in the nuclear establishment are secretly and quietly busy in dreadful conspiracies against national security.
- The Qadiani chief, Mirza Masroor Ahmad spent nine hundred eighty million rupees from community funds on his visit to Australia.
- The Foreign Ministry should locate, through diplomatic sources, Pakistani Qadianis in various Saudi Arabian cities, who are busy in conspiracies against the sanctity of the two Holy Shrines (HermainSharifain).
- Maulana Abdul ShakoorHaqqani said, “Die-hard Qadianis occupying key posts, paid from state treasury, are providing shelter to Qadianis. Through unity and solidarity we must nourish the campaign to protect the honour of Prophethood (NamusRisalat).”
- Maulana Abdullah of Charsadha said, “The lingo party that believes in killing and violence is promoting Qadiani faith. Qadiani chevaliers (Surma), in order to cover up their apostatic theories and heretic beliefs, use this lingo party as tissue paper.” Etc.
If the above is not in violation of country’s law PPC 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups, etc.) what else is? These mullas seem to thump their chest and challenge the authorities to dare take action against them. In fact, they were permitted and facilitated by the authorities to hold this conference, as in previous years. Also noteworthy is the privilege the Khatme Nabuwwat organisation enjoys as an umbrella for the national and international agenda of the politically ambitious mullas. It is this laissez-faire policy that promotes the birth and growth of hordes like Taliban, and IS.
Great mischief afoot
Rabwah; December 28, 2014: According to a press report in the daily Jang, Lahore, Majlis Ahrar Islam and Tehrik Tahaffuz Khatme Nabuwwat intend holding a conference in a mosque in Rabwah on 12 RabiulAwwal (Birthday of the Holy Prophet). According to this report the organizers expect a large number of bands (Qafiley) from all the four provinces and Azad Kashmir to attend this conference. Syed Ata-ul-MohaimanBokhari, based in Multan, will preside over the rally.
Following is noteworthy in this context:
- Ahrar are the infamous party who precipitated severe anti-Ahmadi riots in the Punjab in 1953. The worthy judges of Lahore High Court who held inquiry in those riots placed the following on record in their historical report:
“The conduct of the Ahrar calls for the strongest comment and is especially reprehensible. We can use no milder word for the reason that they debased a religious issue by pressing it into service for a temporal purpose and exploited religious susceptibilities and sentiments of the people for their personal ends.” p. 259
- Ahrar suffered great disgrace then, but have resurfaced in recent years. As before they use their age-old tactics under the guise of ‘Khatme Nabuwwat’ to re-establish themselves.
- After the recent Peshawar tragedy, the civil society and apparently the state too intend to suppress the evil of sectarian violence. Mullas aim to blunt this measure, through the loopholes of Holy Prophet’s birthday, Honour of the Prophet, End of Prophethood etc.
- The question is why a Multan-based organization be allowed to assemble in a town so far as Rabwah, District Chiniot to celebrate a religious occasion?
- Also why should non-Ahmadi bands and groups from all over Pakistan assemble in Rabwah where 95% population is Ahmadi?
- They have declared in press (the daily Al-Sharaq; December 28, 2014) that they “will take out a huge procession unlike any previously (faqid-ul-misal); it will sortie from Masjid Ahrar, and the Ahrar and Khatme Nabuwwat leaders will address the Qadianis at Aqsa Chowk and Evan Mahmud and extend them the usual offer to join Islam.”
Ahmadiyya central office in Rabwah has sent a letter to all relevant authorities urging them to take preventive action, especially these days when national, political and religious environment is heavily polluted and greatly sensitive.
Obviously these clerics have malafide intentions and plan to foil state and society’s restrictions on sectarian mischief. It is thus a test case for the authorities to show that their thunders are not for media consumption only; they mean business.
Mulla Tooti of Lahore on a mischief visit to Rabwah
Rabwah; March 2014: Mulla Hasan MuawiyaakaTooti is a full time anti-Ahmadi activist and remains busy in brewing serious mischief against Ahmadis. He is a brother of the notable Maulvi Tahir Ashrafi, Chairman of the Pakistan Ulama Council. In collusion with authorities, Tooti organized police raids in Lahore on Ahmadiyya centers of worship, printing presses etc. and managed to get police cases registered against innocent Ahmadis. As a result some of the victims remained in prison for weeks and months awaiting release on bail. Tooti has apparently widened his sphere of action and visited Rabwah on March 5, 2014 on some malignant mission. In this he was supported by mulla Ilyas Chinioti MPA (PML-N). A brief narrative of his ominous visit is in order.
Tooti, accompanied by a few other mullas, arrived in Rabwah from Lahore in the afternoon of March 5, 2014, and landed in the house of one Ahmad Saifulla. Ahmad Saifulla’sfather was murdered couple of years ago by some unidentified killer. This family, initially Ahmadi, was estranged from the community, and have been highjacked by anti-Ahmadi clerics for their own ends.
Subsequent to the arrival of these mullas from Lahore, numerous other clerics from Chiniot and suburbs joined them. Ahmadis informed the police of the visitors; they in turn gave the news to security agencies. These officials contacted the visitors to know the purpose of their visit.
The visitors spent the night in the house. They were provided with logistic support from madrassa Jamia Arabia owned by mulla Ilyas Chinioti, MPA (PML-N).
The next day these clerics undertook recce of the neighborhood. They focused their attention on the nearby Ahmadiyya mosque. They also made enquiries about the Ahmadiyya daily Alfazl. They even went to the daily’s office, but were denied entry into the premises.
Later this team shifted to mulla Ilyas Chinioti’s madrassa. Two mullas in company of Tooti were identified as Hafiz Allah Bux of Khushab and Umair Khalid of Sialkot.
Tooti has expressed his plans to take ‘on rent’ the house of Mr. Ahmad Saifulla. A few days later there was a press report (The daily Insaf; Lahore, March 18, 2014) that a madrassa has been established in that house. Obviously, Tooti and his colleagues plan to use this house in Rabwah as a hub of perpetual mischief against the local Ahmadi community. Apart from mischief what else these mullas can offer to the society!