Mullah offers sweets and demands blood
Rabwah: The mullah at Bokhari Mosque, in his Friday sermon on May 17, deplored: “What kind of Muslims are we, who are reluctant to shed even a drop of our blood, while there were Muslims who offered their lives……If the authorities had taken our advice, Mirzais would not feel so relaxed.” He urged the worshippers to remember to come again the next Friday, when Halwa (a Pakistani sweet dish cherished by mullahs) would be served to participants.
Recant or face expulsion from the country. Mullahs’ threat to Ahmadiyya Community in a Conference of Religious Extremists at Rabwah
A Glimpse of the future
Rabwah; Oct 31/ Nov 1, 2002: The Alami Majlis Tahaffuz Khatame Nabuwwat (World Organization for Protection of Finality of Prophethood), an anti-Ahmadiyya body, held a conference at Rabwah on 31 Oct and 01 Nov with the permission and approval of authorities. It is relevant to mention that the organizers have little following at Rabwah, as 95% of the town’s population is Ahmadi. However, they make it a point to hold this anti-Ahmadiyya conference every year in this Ahmadiyya town to show their aggressive and provocative stance and intentions. They transport busloads of audience from other towns. They advertised in bold print in the vernacular press that the conference would be attended by Mufti Fazlur Rahman (the MMA nominee as prime minister), Qazi Hussain Ahmad (the JI Chief and MMA nominee as Leader of the House), Maulana Sami-ul-Haq (Chief JUI-S), etc. These leaders did not turn up as they were very busy in Islamabad in political maneuvers, however they sent their senior representatives to the occasion. The conference was held as scheduled. The mullahs were more venomous and threatening than previous years. They blew hot and hotter against the Ahmadiyya Community and made no secret of their sinister intentions. A few samples of their utterances from the reports in the vernacular press are translated below:
– Qadianis will have to revert to Islam or leave the country – Ulema
– Punishment for Apostasy in an Islamic State is Death. If Mirzais recant, Allah will forgive.
The daily Khabrain, November 1, 2002
– One who does not believe in Finality of Prophethood is an apostate and infidel. His punishment in Islamic state is death. Qadianis do not believe in finality of Prophethood. If Islamic law prevailed here, they would have been put to death. As we now expect to enforce Islamic system here, they will be given a warning to rejoin Islam. Maulana Aziz-ur-Rehman Jalandhry
The Daily Jang, Lahore; November 1, 2002
– Qadianis, Christians and the Western Countries cannot be permitted to Defile the Name of the Holy Prophet.
Muslims can sacrifice their lives but will not allow disrespect to the Holy Prophet. US and the West will have to formulate laws to stop blasphemy against the Prophet.
Qadianis are guilty of rebellion against the state when they preach their faith. They should be stopped from using Islamic terms and practices. Azam Tariq, Khan Muhammad, Allah Wassaya
The Daily Nawa-i-Waqt, Lahore; November 1, 2002
– Pakistani Muslims, while rejecting policies of the present government have voted in favor of Islam. The MMA will accordingly make effective laws to protect the dogma of Finality of Prophethood. Maulana Azam Tariq
The Daily Insaf; November 1, 2002
– There is no question of any change to the Blasphemy and Anti-Qadiani laws. This country was created on the basis of the Splendor of Prophethood. Secular elements should prepare to quit. Hafiz Hussain Ahmad
The Daily Ausaf, November 2, 2002
– Maulana Fazlur Rehman, the secretary-general of the MMA and Maulana Ghafur Haidri, MNA spoke on telephone to Maulana Khan Muhammad, the Chairman of the Worldwide Majlis Tahaffuz Khatme Nabuwwat and conveyed their regrets for being unable to attend the Conference on account of their busy schedule in formation of the new government. “However, I assure you of my virtual presence (at the event) and I assure you that if MMA succeeds in forming the government it will immediately implement the Sharia and undo conspiracies to make the country secular, and it will thus make the country a cradle of Islam,” he said. The Maulana reassured the chairman that the MMA will simultaneously take steps to legislate further to buttress the Islamic provisions, the Blasphemy laws, the amendments concerning Qadianis and the Anti-Qadiani Ordinance. “The MMA will continue to cooperate with the Alami Majlis Khatme Nabuwwat”, he said.
Report in The daily Insaf; November 2, 2002
The conference passed a number of Resolutions. A few of these are reproduced below:
– The Session considers the success of MMA representatives (in the recent elections) a laudatory backing to the dogma of Finality of Prophethood, and while congratulating the MMA leaders, Maulana Fazlur Rahman, Qazi Hussain Ahmad, Maulana Shah Ahmad Noorani, Maulana Samiul Haq, Professor Sajid Mir, Allama Sajid Naqvi and Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haidri, it expects them to make further laws to support the dogma of Finality of Prophethood and the honor of the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him).
– The Session demands from the Government of Pakistan that Islamic laws be implemented forthwith in the light of recommendations of the Islamic Ideology Council. Interest should be banned; Friday be declared as holiday instead of Sunday; separate educational institutions be established instead of joint ones, and the conspiracy to spread sectarianism be uncovered and made public.
– It condemns the propaganda drive of the American and European media against Islam and the Holy Prophet and demands that the US and European countries should legislate against those who defile the name of the Holy Prophet, so as to protect the Muslims against hurt to their religious feelings. Etc. etc.
The conference was not well attended. Some of the participants, mostly school boys, raised provocative slogans and stoned Ahmadi businesses and homes on Thursday, October 31, in the police presence. Among the speakers at the Conference was the well-known Mullah Azam Tariq, an MNA and leader of the defunct Sipah Sahaba. He had come out of prison only a few days earlier.
Mullahs speak their mind
Rabwah : Mullahs, appointed at Rabwah by their parent organizations, give free reins to their oratory, especially during Friday sermons. Traditionally, these sermons are meant to be the occasions of spiritual and moral rejuvenation of Islamic worshipers, but these days the mullah avails of the occasion to spin his own yarn. At Rabwah, his sermons normally contain anti-Ahmadiyya profanity, and quite often his political designs. He blares them out on loudspeakers at full volume, so they are not confidential. Excerpts are produced here from recent sermons (the scribe apologizes for the disgusting nature of the remarks that may be found too repugnant by the sensitive reader; although the worst are omitted).
The mullah at Masjid Bokhari said in his Friday sermon on November 8, 2002: “ I warn Qadianis not to come in my way, they should accept Islam. (Their leader) Mirza Tahir is breathing his last, I shall build his grave at a road crossing and will bring a dog to urinate over his grave. I shall beat up the grave with my shoe, and will do that so repeatedly that Mirzai men and women will cry themselves to death.
“Who are they to obstruct building our road? We have the votes, the MPA is ours, the MNA is ours, the government is ours – how can Mirzais obstruct the construction of the road? If they do so, I shall stop the flow of water to them, and they will find no water in their toilets, they will not have a drop to drink.
“I tell them to desist, otherwise I shall take out a procession next week and a Mirzai grave will be built at every chowk (road crossing) and these will be thrashed with shoes. We shall form the government, and when it is in place it will impose Islamic Sharia. We demanded this in 1974 (agitation) and we shall give the choice to Mirzais – “ Recant or leave the country”.
“If I were not standing in a mosque, I would hurl such huge vulgar insults against the Mirza (the Founder of Ahmadiyyat) that Mirzai men and women would be shocked and would cry to death.”
The mullah at the Muslim Colony mosque was more Jihadi and political in his Friday sermon at 1315 on November 22, 2002. A few excerpts:
“Jihad was made an obligation for Muslims during Ramadan. The Mirza was afraid of Jihad and declared in a verse that Jihad was no longer valid:
My friends, forget about Jihad,
War and fighting is now forbidden in Islam.
“However, the Quran asserts that Jihad is the soul of Islam. The Holy Prophet and his disciples raised the sword. Mirza Qadiani is of the view that Islam is soft and not harsh; while I say that it is soft as well as harsh.
“Pervez Musharraf says that he is Sadiq and Amin (truthful and trustworthy), while I say that the Sadiq and Amin is the Prophet who undertook Jihad. Musharraf is like the Clock Tower Square of Faisalabad where eight bazaars converge. He is the Chief Executive, the Chief of Army Staff, he is this and he is that. What kind of democracy is this? He is an impostor president. He is cheating the whole country. He is a faithless person. May Allah enable us to follow the dictates of Ramadan. Amen”
Convention of the Ahle Sunnat
Rawalpindi; October 26, 2002: The self-styled Almi Tanzim Ahle Sunnat (World Organization of Sunnis), with its office at Bypass Road, Gujrat reportedly organized a convention at Liaquat Bagh, Rawalpindi on October 26, 2002. Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri is the Chief of this organization. At this occasion they published their Charter of Demands, their Resolutions and the text of the Opening Address.
The Opening Address contained a short list of their aims and objects. For effect, they have added Tahaffuz Khatame Nabuwwat (Protection of the Finality of Prophethood) as one of their goals. It declares a program of holding a series of conferences ‘all over the world’ on this issue in order to launch a movement against Qadianis who are ‘supported by Jews and Christians’.
The list of Resolutions inter alia includes: “Qadianis, who are the worst enemies of Islam and Pakistan, must be removed from all government posts, and these apostates must be forced back to the fold of Islam, otherwise they should be awarded (the death) punishment in accordance with the Sharia law”.
The Organization has given its address and phone numbers as follows:
E-mail: atas @ hi. net. pk
True colours of Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri
Lahore : Allama Tahir-ul-Qadri, MNA is the Chairman of Pakistan Awami Tehrik and till October was a hot contender for the post of Prime Minister of Pakistan. In national elections, however, his party performed very poorly and he was the only PAT candidate who was elected to the National Assembly. Allama Qadri is good at public relations and poses with some success as an enlightened, progressive and even tolerant Muslim cleric. Other than the PAT, he heads the religious organization of Idara Minhaj-ul-Quran. It is in the latter that his true colours become apparent. Recently, the Idara (Lahore branch) issued an anti-Ahmadiyya leaflet wherein a Fatwa of the late Ahmad Raza Khan Brelvi is reproduced. It declares that “(Mirzais and their friends) are apostates and hypocrites……meat slaughtered by them is cadaverous, illicit and prohibited. Anyone who sympathizes with a Qadiani for his social boycott by Muslims, is himself outside the pale of Islam. And the one who does not call the infidel ‘an infidel’ is also an infidel. It is a binding duty on all Muslims that they should completely boycott all social interaction (with Qadianis) on all occasions of life and death. It is forbidden to inquire of (a Qadiani patient’s) health, to attend his funeral, to bury him in a Muslim graveyard and to visit his grave”.
It is a lengthy pamphlet that exhorts powerfully all Muslims to institute a complete social boycott of Ahmadis.
Allama Qadri is indeed great at trumpery.
Hateful Anti-Ahmadiyya Conferences at Rabwah
Rabwah, February 8, 2002: Despite government’s declared policy to suppress communal strife and violence, authorities permitted the notorious Majlis Ahrar-e-Islam to hold a conference in the suburbs of Rabwah in the name of Shuhada-e-Khatame Nabuwwat Conference i.e. ‘ The Martyrs of the Finality of Prophethood Conference’. Mullahs allege in grotesque exaggeration that the authorities killed 10,000 activists in the 1953 anti-Ahmadiyya riots. It is surprising how tolerant the government is to these intolerant mullahs. Following is the translation of some of their statements made at the conference:
- So long as Majlis Ahrar Islam exists, the Taliban shall continue to be mentioned (in speeches) – Mullah Khalid Shabbir of Chiniot
- Qadianis are apostates, infidels, outside the pale of Islam. They are ever busy in conspiring against Pakistan and Islam. They are enemies of the faith, agents of Jews and are planted by the British. Mullah Khalid Shabbir
- The youth of Majlis Ahrar will continue to pursue the Qadiani liars and will not rest till they are exterminated. Mullah Ata ul Mohemin
- Americans intend to rule the world of Islam. They propose to establish a Mirzael in Afghanistan like an Israel (in the Middle East). Mullah Mohemin
- Taliban promoted Islam in Afghanistan. There was no madrassa (religious seminary) there at the time, but then Taliban established 2500 madrassas. The blood of martyrs will not go waste in that counrty. The United States will disappear from the map of the world. Mullah Ata-ul-Mohemin of Multan
- Qadianis are a mischief planted by Satan. Afghans forsook a life of comfort to establish an Islamic state. Mullah Sher Ali of Akura Khattak
- We will not tolerate any insult to the glory of the Holy Prophet. The opponents of Finality of Prophethood are being honoured here by the government – how come? So long as we are alive, we will not permit abrogation of anti-Qadiani laws. Qari Shabbir Ahmad of Chenab Nagar
- Pakistani rulers have invited intervention by foreigners to abolish the Blasphemy Law and the Anti-Qadiani law. We shall decide in the light of Quran and Sunnah, even if we have to forgo membership of the U.N. We will not tolerate hegemony of the US and other non-Muslim states and will defend the Quran and Islam.
Slogans like, Majlis Ahrar – Long Live; Death to Mirzaiyyat; Elders of the Khatame Nabuwwat – Long Live, were chanted.
Mullahs reassert themselves
In the second week of May, mullahs of the Almi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatame Nabuwwat, that claims to be a non-political organization (so as to stay clear of the process of accountability), had the following advertisement published in the national press:
Respected Ulema make the following Demand on General Pervez Musharraf, the President of Pakistan
It is an open violation of the Constitution to do away with the Testament concerning the dogma of Finality of Prophethood. This Testament should be added immediately to the form of Voters’ List.
Thousands of Qadianis have got themselves registered on the Voter list Form of Muslims.
Thus Almi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatame Nabuwwat is justified in demanding that, as General Pervez Musharraf had upheld Islamic identity of Pakistan by incorporating Islamic provisions and (Constitutional) Amendment concerning Qadianis in the provisional constitution (the PCO), the same way he should include forthwith the Testament concerning the belief in the Finality of Prophethood in the Voter List Forms, and also add the entry of Religion in the national identity cards as done in passports.
Almi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatme Nabuwwat – Action Committee Tahaffuz Khatame Nabuwwat
Hazuri Bagh Rd, Multan; Phone: Multan 5141222 – Karachi 7780337
The daily JANG; Lahore, May 11, 2002
Mullah’s appetite for obscurantism is boundless. He can be handled only with some courage and a firm faith in higher social and political values.
Mullah disregards the new policy stated in President’s speech of January 12
Chak 55/12-L, District Sahiwal; January 18, 2002: Ahmadiyya Community of the Chak reported that, unimpressed by the policy statement of the President, the local mullah, in his speech on Friday the 18 January, hurled invectives against the Ahmadiyya Community, urged people to undertake social boycott against Ahmadis and incited the public to mischief and aggression.
Ahmadis informed the police, who took some corrective measures.
Agitation from pulpit
Dera Ghazi Khan; March 29, 2002: Next to the local Ahmadiyya Centre there is a mosque where Maulvi Abdulla holds his congregation. On March 29, a Friday, he invited an anti-Ahmadi mullah of the Khatme Nabuwwat organization, who delivered a highly provocative speech, urged the worshippers to impose a social boycott on Ahmadis and threatened Ahmadis of fateful consequences. After the service, two anti-Ahmadiyya pamphlets were also circulated and the audience was harangued to become violent. Maulvi Abdulla is the same individual who, a few years ago, had organized an armed attack on two Ahmadi community officials at a local Ahmadiyya Centre. Although, the public did not respond to his mischief, a few miscreants do support him and they undertook aggressive surveillance of the Ahmadiyya Centre. Accordingly, the local Community upgraded its security arrangements, and everyone exercised extra caution and vigilance to ensure safety.
Visit of a rabid mullah
Ahmad Nagar; June 21, 2002: Ahmad Nagar is located only 5 kilometers north of Rabwah. It has a sizable portion of Ahmadi population. On Friday, June 21, a mullah arrived there from some unknown location to deliver the Friday sermon. He polluted the whole village with his abusive diatribes against Ahmadis. Apparently his aim was to disturb the peace of the locality and instigate there a riot. He failed, as Ahmadis reacted with restraint, and only informed their Rabwah office of the unwelcome visitor.
Anti-Ahmadi mullahs on the move
Multan: Mullahs of the Majlis Tahaffuz Khatame Nabuwwat (Organization for the Protection of the End of Prophethood) declared in August that they intended to undertake a 10-days’ program to extensively promote their agenda. According to their schedule, from September 1 onward, they will hold conferences and rallies in Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Okara, Qasur, Sheikhupura, Kohat, Peshawar, Gujranwala, Lahore, Sialkot and Mansehra. This schedule was prepared in conjunction with the leaders of MMA so as to dovetail it with their political schedule.
These mullahs will eventually hold the finale in Rabwah on 31 October and 1 November, even though they have little following here, as 95% population of this town is Ahmadi. Obviously, as always, mischief is the priority consideration in their drive.
It is not out of place to mention here that while the government has always allowed the Mullah to hold his conferences and rallies at Rabwah, Ahmadis have not been permitted to hold here their ritual annual conference for the last 17 years. If not this, what else is gross discrimination?